miracles do happen

miracles do happen
Beautiful Leilani 2 days old

Monday, January 9, 2012

Leilani's Blessing day

Dusty Great Grandma and Grandma, (4 generations)
We have the same facial expressions!  Like mother like daughter.

Her cousin Deklan loves her so much!!

and she loves him!
Great grandma Astin

Aunt Shiree

Grandpa and Grandma Bott


Grandma Chenoweth
WHAT A CRAZY DAY!!! I planned to wake up early and get my hair done and look cute for this very special day... Well my little alarm clock decided to sleep in. Church starts at 9 am, I woke up checked my phone and sat straight up "Dusty its 8:10". We had to leave in a half hour!!! I'm pretty sure I took like a 1 minute shower. I was in and out while Dusty woke up. I threw my clothes on, woke Leilani up and ran up stairs to borrow a skirt from my mom, threw that on and ran back downstairs to get Leilani dressed, Her aunt Jenn crocheted her a beautiful blessing dress... the sleeve went half way up her forearm... AHH!!! I ran back upstairs, luckily my mom had found my blessing dress about a month before she was born.. I grabbed it out of her closet and ran back downstairs and put it on her... It fit!! I could breathe for a second! Then I ran downstairs to see if Dusty was ready, "Where are my pants?"  Oh man I cant remember washing them or putting them away... I was freaking out!!! I looked everywhere! Dusty looked everywhere!! Finally he saw a pile of folded laundry/ Christmas presents I hadn't put away yet.. he found them! I could breathe again! I ran upstairs again to find my mom putting Leilani in her car seat (thank you!!!) I finished while my mom left to go save some seats with Shiree and Kevin, (thankfully my dad had already saved a couple rows for everyone!) Then we had to scrape windows and our cars license plates were expired... Oh my goodness I was thinking what else could go wrong... maybe we could hit all the red lights... YEP that is what happened... But  we got there just barely on time. Dusty gave her a beautiful Blessing.
I am so blessed to have married a worthy priesthood holder who can do these things for our Children.. I love him so much! And I love our little Leilani, I can't imagine out life without her!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I just love her - she looks so darn cute in her/your blessing dress! What a crazy, but beautiful day you had. Wish we could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete