miracles do happen

miracles do happen
Beautiful Leilani 2 days old

Friday, June 29, 2012

update on us...

   Dusty is working at Target from 4 AM to around 12:30... he comes home very exhausted and takes a nap with Leilani. He is taking the summer off from school since fafsa grants really only cover 2 semesters. He has picked up a hobby, he loves to work out in the garage with all my dads tools and build things, so far he has made a crib (with lots of help from my dad and grandpa), and some cookbook stands (i'll have to post pictures later as I have lost my camera). He has plans to make a step/drawer for me to put under the crib (since it is way to high for me to put Leilani in it), and a sorting laundry hamper for me:) He is very talented with woodworking, I wish we could afford to buy him all these tools but for now he'll have to borrow my dads.
    I finished dental assisting school with like a 99.2% (not bragging) I was just proud of myself. and am now looking for a job. Meanwhile, I am LOVING being able to spend so much time with Leilani, she is the most perfect, beautiful little girl I have ever seen. I look at her and still cant believe she is mine, I have wanted to be a mom for so long, and it is everything I always thought it would be. I  LOVE being a mom!!! Saladmaster did not work out for me because I was away from my family way too much, (and other reasons)  it is an amazing product and maybe in the future it might work out, but for now its not for me.
     Now for Leilani since thats who we're all interested in anyway..., She is now 9 months old. that's right 9 months. Where did the time go you ask, I have NO IDEA! I ask myself that everyday and then demand her to quit growing up, It doesn't work... I came to the realization at about 6 1/2 months that I was slowing her development down by swaddling her still, so pretty much cold turkey we stopped that and she started crawling, but it was like a shoulder crawl... hard to explain. at 8 1/2 months she very unexpectedly took 3 steps... and a few here and there after that but has now mastered the real crawl and has no interest in trying any more... but she does pull herself up on everything and cruise, and I am happy about that... She is the happiest baby I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. everywhere we go people comment on her eyes, her smile and how happy she is, that always makes me feel good. Her hair... we still cannot decide if its going to be blonde, brown, red, or strawberry blonde... it is different every time I look  at her.  But one thing is for sure... she is My beautiful little angel.
    Dusty finally got on board with sleep training her so we tried to start that at the beginning of the week.She did well for one night then got a cold and had a hard time breathing so sleep training is put off for a little while longer... it sure sucks though... I think that is the only time she really ever cries, even if she gets hurt (unless it really hurt) all she does then is scrunch up her nose and mouth and breathe heavy at us for a few seconds. its the cutest thing... ok I think that is all I can think of right now...  thanks for reading about the Platt's.

1 comment:

  1. You're as bad at blogging as I am. Can't wait to meet Leilani and see you guys.

    ReplyDelete